Wednesday, September 23, 2009
P.S. I move into my apartment next week. So I will finally be getting serious, and posting and tracking my food on this blog :)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Assemble all the ingredients, then start cooking the chicken. As the chicken sizzles, make the salad.
4 servings (serving size: about 4 1/2 ounces chicken and 3/4 cup salad)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
To prepare the chicken, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine coriander and the next 5 ingredients (coriander through 1/8 teaspoon black pepper); rub evenly over both sides of chicken. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
To prepare salad, combine tomatoes and remaining ingredients, tossing well. Slice chicken; serve over salad.
- 296 (23% from fat)
- 7.4g (sat 1.3g,mono 4g,poly 1.1g)
Hope everyone enjoys!!
Featuring .... Southwestern Black Bean Salad yum!
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (cooked)
- 1 red onion
- fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 4tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Let stand for an hour or so until all flavors are blended!
Enjoy! Dinner's Next :)
Monday, July 13, 2009
Day 1 Dinner:
Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes (compliments of sparkrecipes.com)
You can find a listing for the full recipe here.
I've made this before and it really is amazing. It's so light and quick. I don't like stringy pasta so I normally use whole wheat rotini pasta, I add mushrooms and lots of spinach! I also scale down the size as I am only cooking for two.
- Makes 6 Servings
- Calories: 268.5
- Total Fat: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 24.5 mg
- Sodium: 656.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 10.9 g
Welcome to my first FOOD post of this new blog. For those who read my other non food blog thanks for showing support, and for those of you who are new welcome! I will move into my new place Saturday and probably won't start cooking until around Monday when we're all settled in so I'll post the menu plans and recipes early with picture updates hopefully next week!
Chicken Salad with Bell Pepper Dressing (recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers Cookbook)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (3/4lb)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 water
- 1 tbs red-wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- greens of choice (they recommend arugula and red leaf) but you can substitute your fav!
- Rub chicken with 1/3 of the garlic. They recommend marinating in fridge for 1 hour if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400. For dressing: Combine the bell peppers, onion, leftover garlic and oil in a small casserole dish. Roast the pepper combination for 25 minutes. Stir in water and broth. Cover in foil and roast 20 minute longer. Cool and then transfer to food processor or blender. Add vinegar and pepper and puree.
- Cook chicken in a nonstick skillet with some cooking spray. Saute until golden. Let cool and then slice.
Now since this is also supposed to be about the nutrition aspect for myself this recipe just has 137cals and 4g of fat! (One serving is 1.5 cups of greens, 5 strips of chicken and 3 tbs of dressing).
Next up... Week1 Day 1 Dinner!
Sunday, July 12, 2009